If you are looking at options to help in losing weight, you may well consider weight loss supplements such as diet pills which is becoming more popular in an ever growing market. The best dietary supplements for weight loss can be in the form of pills but also there are a number of more natural sources to consider which can be used for the same purpose.
To fully explain and provide a better understanding of what might be most suitable for you, the article will look at the risks and benefits associated and will dig deeper into both forms of fat burning supplements.
Fat Burning Supplements – Weight Loss Pills
Even though the focus here is on weight loss pills, fat burning supplements are also often used in the form of drinks and formula’s. Fat burning supplements are also widely known as Thermogenic supplements and are believed to increase metabolism and prevent the body absorbing fat, therefore increasing weight loss. The problem is there is not as much regulation on supplements compared to medication or prescription drugs and this can lead to a degree of uncertainty about their benefits and potential side effects.
All fat burning supplements must be used alongside other lifestyle changes in order to work effectively. Some are advertised falsely as ‘natural’ or as being able to help you lose weight with no significant effort needed, which we know is highly unlikely. There are certainly several known benefits associated with them in terms of increasing energy levels, therefore encouraging more productive exercise and are also known for suppressing appetite.
Some common ingredients found in these weight loss pills are Guarana, Caffeine, Green Tea Extract and Garcinia Cambogia (click link for more info). All of these can have a positive impact in moderate amounts such as enhanced mental focus, increased energy levels and fat oxidation which basically allows stored body fat to be more easily accessed. Later, we will go into more depth regarding the potential benefits and risks involved with supplements using these ingredients. Given that safety is a concern with these types of supplements due to the relaxed regulations on them, below we discuss more natural supplements that you can look out for as an alternative.
Natural Fat Burning Supplements
Natural fat burning supplements are also found in the form of pills, but it is important to know the ingredients involved and what to look out for so you can distinguish between natural fat burners and fat burners that claim to be ‘natural supplements’ as discussed above.
Natural supplements are made from vitamins and nutrients that are already found in the body. These, combined with natural plants and herbs, give you a safer alternative to lose weight. Certainly there is much discussion about more natural health supplements, while this can be beneficial it can also cause judgement to be clouded as there are so many different views or recommendations to absorb.
Some natural supplements we know to be very significant include all Herbal teas, Grapefruit Essential Oil, Chromium and Fat-Burning Foods such as High-fiber foods, Spicy foods, Coconut oil and Apple cider vinegar. Below, more is explained about the benefits and risks attached to both the different types of supplements we have discussed.
Benefits of Weight Loss Supplements
It is important to note that there are associated benefits for each of the supplements we have spoken about and by making that clear, it allows for you to make your own mind up on what could be most suitable for you.
The Benefits of Diet Pills:
- Appetite suppression – Offers your body the ability to keep cravings away without an intake of calories. Pills that contain stimulants such as Caffeine and Guarana are best known for this.
- Increased energy levels – This helps you burn more calories during exercise, also have been known to increase resting energy output which allows you to burn more calories when resting than normal.
- Prevention of fat build up – Although not all regulations are thorough, one key ingredient often used is Betaine. This is known to prevent the development of new fat.
- Increased metabolism – A permanent weight loss can be achieved through increasing metabolism and this in turn can provide long term benefits.
The Benefits of Natural Supplements:
- Improving your health – With natural supplements known to reduce between 5-10% of your body weight, this can help in decreasing your blood sugar levels, cholesterol and blood pressure. They can also increase your sensitivity to insulin, therefore reducing risk of developing diabetes.
- Affordable – Most natural supplements are affordable compared to other dietary supplements and are considered overall safer as natural diet pills provide less risk of adverse reactions.
- Beneficial changes in body – Can increase lean muscle, reduce body weight, speed up recovery following workouts, boost metabolism and reduce food intake.
- Provide an alternative – Very useful for people who can’t take other pills because of risks or reactions with other medication.
Risks of Weight Loss Supplements
As discussed, there are also some side effects and risks involved with dietary supplements and they have been listed below to provide clarity on this.
The Risks of Diet Pills:
- Effects on body – Have been known to cause heart palpitations and restlessness. Difficulties sleeping and anxiety can be caused if not taken in moderate amounts.
- False marketing – Due to relaxed regulations some products lead you to believe that the product alone can solve any weight issues. This is not the case and should be used alongside other lifestyle changes.
- Testing – Quite often these products don’t get tested properly before use in terms of effects on pregnant woman, people with medical conditions or those who are taking other medication.
While natural supplements may appear safe, contamination of supplements with banned substances or other harmful ingredients is also possible. Some associated side effects mentioned above can also be applicable to natural supplements also, particularly if not taken in moderation.
Research Is Key
Overall, it can be said that dietary supplements of all kind can be beneficial if used in moderate amounts and used to supplement your lifestyle changes regarding diet and exercise. Of course, further research into the ingredients of any supplements you consider is advised.
The ingredients discussed here certainly will help in knowing what to look out for if purchasing any dietary supplements and hopefully the article has helped in providing more awareness on the topic.